Affirmation, Anorexia, Anxiety, be you, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, Bulimia, depression, Dialectical behavior therapy, disorders, eating disorder, encourage, Erin, faith, health, Mental disorder, mental-health, recovery, relationships, Self-Help, society, spirituality, Thought, treatment
So many times we’re afraid to compliment ourselves. We don’t want to appear to be cocky or arrogant. On the other side of that however, if we are constantly putting ourselves down how are we supposed to have to confidence to go into the world and do what is right?
- How are we supposed to stand up for what we believe in?
- How are we supposed to treat ourselves with respect?
- How are we supposed to take care of ourselves?
I used to tell myself over and over and over “Erin, you are so ugly.” How do you think that made me feel about myself. I also thought that everyone else thought I was really ugly too. I told myself that so much that I believed it with all my heart. When people would say “Erin, you are beautiful.” I would assume they were lying, because I thought I knew the real truth.
After all, I told myself I was ugly everyday.
It tore my self-esteem to pieces, it consumed my thoughts, it added to my stress and depression. One day my therapist asked me if I could change that thought. At first I literally laughed at her. I actually said: “I am not going to try to convince myself something that wasn’t true.” After further discussion we agreed that I would start saying “Not everyone thinks I’m ugly.” That later changed to. “I like ____ about my appearance.” It progressed as I did.
This is the point though: What you say to yourself matters.
Below is a list of self-affirmations that I’ve used and still use today. Some might resonate with you, or maybe you could create your own. But it’s true you know; that saying: YOU are your own best cheerleader.
My name is Erin and this is Where I Stand.
Affirmation List to help get your started!
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I am worthy of recovery.
- I am beautiful.
- I love ____________ about myself.
- I am strong.
- I am talented when it comes to _________.
- I love others.
- I do my best to take care of myself.
- I will keep trying.
- I am resilient.
- People say I am really good at __________.
- I am really brave for working on __________.
- Affirmations for Creating More Positivity in Your Life (earnonline722.com)
- Affirm Your Worth With Affirmations (everydayhealth.com)
- Positive Affirmations for Work (lorensworld.com)
- 10 Affirmations to Manifest New Business (lorensworld.com)
- All About Affirmations – How thoughts become things (beyondphys1cal.wordpress.com)
- What is an Affirmation, and How Can One Help Me? (healing.answers.com)
- Free Positive Affirmations as Reminder Cards (leftratio.wordpress.com)
- Positive Affirmations For Healing (healing.answers.com)
- Affirmation: I Will Be Kind To Myself (praiserichmond.com)