Here at Where I Stand we talk a lot about treatment, recovery, mental health and mental health planning – and with that begs the question: What are the things that are going to get in the way of our goals? This discussion is an important one to have and one we will continue to facilitate over the next week or so because we all need to be aware of what our obstacles to creating and implementing a mental health plan if we ever hope to overcome those very things. Below I began a list of obstacles, please comment on the post and add to the list – let’s see how many we can come up with and then begin conversations and get guest writers to tackle some of those obstacles for us!
- Lack of money for treatment
- Lack of personal support
- Not enough time to spend planning
- Lack of motivation
- I put others needs before my own.
- I forget to take my medicine
- I never have healthy food when it’s time to eat
- I’m too tempted by (xyz)
- I don’t understand what I am supposed to do.
- I do everything right for a little while then I go back to the unhealthy ways.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!!
Comment the different barriers that you or you think other people face when it comes to mental health planning! Together lets begin to become aware and tackle these things. We don’t want anything standing in our way of taking care of ourselves.
- The response to mental health (darktimesbringbrightlights.wordpress.com)
- Government Mental Health, Tyranny and You (truthwillovercometyranny.com)
- Mental health counselling on NHS will be a right, says Burnham (theguardian.com)
- JFK on Mental Health: Still a Timely Concern (namisouthbay.com)
- NAMI co-hosting mental health discussion (mercedsunstar.com)
- Behavioral Health Opportunities Look Promising for 2014 (execu-search.com)
- NAMI co-hosts mental health discussion (mercedsunstar.com)
- Concerns over compulsory mental health care (nzherald.co.nz)
- Mental-health mystery: more and younger kids visiting ER (blogs.windsorstar.com)
- BasicNeeds: The Need to Train Psychiatrists in Lao PDR (huffingtonpost.com)