I write this sentence from a place of loss. A family member passed away a few days ago and I’m still sitting with that hollow coldness that accompanies death. Then I smile. I smile because today even with that hollow coldness sitting my chest I got to be thankful. I try to be thankful for oxygen everyday; I know it sounds silly but I remind myself that even at my lowest, feeling my worst (emotionally and physically) – it’s there keeping me alive. I try to be thankful for the people in my life right now; the ones that I love and the ones that I don’t because they are helping shape me and teach me how I want to be. I try to be thankful for all the people in the past because I wouldn’t be who I am today had it not been for them. I try to be thankful for my days, hours and seconds; my ups and my downs; my journey. It is impossible to know where I will go but right now I can say “I am” and I am going to be thankful even with that hollow coldness in my chest.
My name is Erin and This is Where I Stand.
- Alone But Thankful (sanyikas.wordpress.com)
- I Am Thankful (ikeeagleson.wordpress.com)
- A Week for Thankfulness (morningrunguys.com)
- Thankful November: November 24 (allthingsleilavohs.wordpress.com)
- Thankfulness For Joy (jewelbarnett.wordpress.com)
- Always Thankful (reflectionsintheword.org)
- Thankful Everyday – Day Twelve (tokenhippygirl.com)
- Be Thankful…… (invadingmars.com)
- Thankful Thursday (theviewfrommywindowlaura.com)
- A season of thankfuls (musingsofmyheart.com)