I took a bath this morning. Not a shower, a bath. I honestly was unsure if I could stand up in the shower. I appreciated the time for my muscles, joints and bones to just soak.
I woke up tired this morning.
Coming off of a difficult 10 hour shift yesterday I scarfed some food down and headed to bed only to groan as the alarm on my phone buzzed this morning.
Time to do it again.
I love my job, I love the people I work with, I love the work that I do – but that does not mean I am not tired. As I sat soaking in the tub I began making a list of all the things I could do to help make this morning positive.
This is what I came up with:
- Write something in my gratitude journal.
- A GOOD cup of coffee and breakfast (I’m thinking starbucks).
- Comfortable shoes/clothes that I can wear to work today
- A bible verse in my head.
- And a promise to take care of myself today AS WELL as take care of the boys in the residential house where I work!
We’re going to be tired. We’re going to have bad days. We’re going to be emotionally & physically exhausted sometimes. That’s the truth. It’s our job to decide how we want to deal with it.
My name is Erin and This is Where I Stand.