What you will need:
– Vintage thrift store books, Scraps of Paper, Stickers, Old Jewelry, Ribbon, anything that you think would add to your collage
– Paper, Cardboard, Canvas, or a Journal Page
– A Cutting Device
– Something to Glue Things Down With – I often use Mod Podge over the top of my collages to seal them. If you would like to try this paint it on with a brush – I promise it will dry clear.
How it Works:
– It is intriguing to use old books and found items for a collage. I often buy old books and not so ordinary items at thrift shops and then let my imagination run wild, unusual imagery sparks poetic collages.
– Put together a quick spontaneous collage using imagery that intrigues and mystifies you. Allow yourself to put together a collage that makes no logical sense.
– Scan your books for words or phrases that intrigue you. Or you can randomly open a page in a book and pick words or phrases that strike you on an emotional level.
– Allow your collage and words to take poetic leaps and to not make immediate sense to your everyday mind. Take a few minutes to reflect on the wordless feelings that your poetic collage invokes.
– Remember to have fun and to not be afraid to let go!