#believe, Anorexia, Anxiety, awareness, beautiful, beauty, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, Bulimia, Christianity, depression, eating disorder, Eating Disorders, Facebook, health, hope, inspiration, keep going, Mental disorder, mental-health, Purple Love campaign, Purple Love Fighters Group, recovery, understanding, where I Stand
In February 2014 Where I Stand reached over 32,000 people in 80 different countries on 7 different continents through the Purple Love campaign to spread awareness, education, hope and love about eating disorder recovery.
Well, here at Where I Stand we know all too well that Eating Disorders don’t just exist during the month of February.
We are thrilled to invite you to Where I Stand’s Purple Love Fighters Group. A place for the purple love community to come together and engage in supportive conversation about recovery from eating disorders filled with hope, love, perseverance and so much more! Eating Disorder Awareness Month may only be for 1/12 of the year, but Purple Love is 24/7.
How to Join:
- Figure out if you want recovery. This group is recovery focused. It’s for people who WANT it. Send a Facebook request to “Wherei Stand: Click Here.
- Send a message to Wherei Stand’s facebook saying you would like to join the Purple Love Fighter’s Group. List you current phone number, address and emergency contact. Also mention the nature of your struggle briefly. (All of this information will remain strictly confidential)
- We will then invite you to the online community for individuals in recovery from an eating disorder.
What to expect:
- Each week the purple love team will provide a recovery challenge and do a weekly “check in”. These are opportunities for each of you to push yourselves in recovery and celebrate your successes as well as talk about challenges.
- Support, Hope & Encouragement from people who understand what you’re going through.
Rules & Guidelines:
- No numbers (weights, calories, measurements ect.)
- No treatment specifics or triggering details of the disease.
- This is not a group to seek medical advice from.
- If you feel triggered by someone or feel your recovery is threatened by someone/something in the group send a facebook message to Wherei Stand’s facebook.
** Where I Stand’s Purple Love Fighter’s group is not to be used as a replacement for professional treatment or medical care. This is simply a support forum in order to encourage recovery and inspire hope.We have so much hope for you.
Erin, Lizzie & Natalie.